Flying Start Training
TLC is the training arm of Flying Start nurseries. We now train our own Level 2 and Level 3 staff on the Apprenticeship scheme. They are paid minimum wage once they have proved themselves by completing half of their qualification and so Earn as they Learn. In the early days they are paid a training wage.
We also do a great deal more training and encourage all our staff to take the opportunity for a Flying Start to lifelong learning.
We now train all of our staff in paediatric first aid as well offering this service externally, we also offer a 4 hour first aid course for parents. Please visit the Flying Start Shop for more details about when these courses are run.
- We now have TLC graduates in senior positions including Manager
- We currently have 12 TLC trainees.
- We won the award for Outstanding Commitment to Training from Cornwall Business.
- Level 2 and 3 students have their own laptop, memory stick and access to digital cameras and voice recorders
- Portfolios are paper-free and uploaded to the internet for assessment and internal verification by Flying Start.
- Weekly training sessions support learning
- Glowing reports from External Verifier
Please go to our Recruitment page if you are interested in getting a Flying Start to life long learning.